The Bell tradition of developing leading-edge, next-generation helmets continues with the RS7 Pro. Based on the advanced 8860 HP7 model and developed through close collaboration with leading F1 drivers and teams, the Snell SA2020 and FIA8859-2015 certified RS7 Pro is designed to be as aerodynamically sleek and lightweight as possible for the intense demands of high level racing that compete at higher speeds.
The RS7 Pro features a lightweight carbon composite shell
, advanced styling and redesigned interior that provides maximum comfort. The shell and shield design have been optimized by moving the shield pivot pointer to a lower position to improve acoustic comfort, aerodynamic behavior, and energy absorption. The RS7 liner system is all new featuring a multi-piece, multi-density high-impact custom bead absorbing liner. The helmet's redesigned ergonomic interior incorporates multiple density comfort foams and padding to ensure the best possible fit to accommodate a variety of head shapes.
Ventilation has been improved with the introduction of 14 air intake and extraction channels strategically placed around the shell, maximizing airflow around the head and the face. The RS7 has an optical grade Double Screen Anti Fog (DSAF) shield
, with variable thickness exceeding 5mm in the field of vision, setting a new standard for clarity and fog control. The shield seal has also been improved with the introduction of a rubber gasket ensuring that air and water especially in wet conditions can't penetrate into the helmet through the eyeport. The helmet's chin guard face piece is removable and the integrated channels offer multiple options to install integrated drinking tube systems and radio microphone systems. The RS7 Pro has been designed to work well in both open cockpit and closed cockpit use, however, Bell has an optional aero kit to further set the RS7 Pro apart from the competition in high speed open cockpit racing.
This optional aerodynamic kit is also available to enhance helmet performance and provide greater stability at higher speeds. The aerodynamic kit includes a chin bar gurney which adds down force to the front of the helmet to prevent lift and a rear spoiler that improves overall helmet stability. Both items come in an unpainted clear finish and attach with included double sided adhesive that holds aggressively to the shell yet can be removed easily without damaging the helmet's finish. Included with the optional Aero Kit:
The RS7 Pro is certified to the Snell SA2020 and the FIA8859-2015 standard.
- 2050062 - RS7 Clear Chin Bar Gurney
- 2050031 - RS7 Clear Rear Spoiler
The FIA8859 certification requires the helmet to be tested for use with Head and Neck Restraint Devices. The RS7 Pro now includes factory installed HANS posts as standard equipment. Detailed Specs:
- Aerodynamically Sleek, Lightweight and Efficient as Possible
- Developed via Collaboration with Leading F1 Drivers
- Lightweight Carbon Composite Shell
- Advanced Styling and Redesigned Interior that Provides Maximum Comfort
- Multi-Density High-Impact Absorbing Liner
- 14 Air Intake and Extraction Channels
- Ultra Plush Grey Comfort-Max FR Interior
- Rubber Gasket Shield Seal Ensures that Water and Dust Can't Penetrate into the Helmet
- Channels in the Face Piece Offer Easy Installation of Drinking Tube and Radio Systems
- SE07 3MM DSAF Shield (SV SE07 Pivot System)
- Equipped with Double Screen Anti Fog Visor (DASF) Insert
- Factory installed HANS Posts as standard equipment ($80 Value)
- Snell SA2020 Certification
- FIA8859-2015 Certification